Wednesday, June 3, 2009

WHO AM i? JUDGE NOT...

Who am i to judge others?
Was not David himself a wrongdoer?
Am i not myself a sinner?

Who am i to condemn a murderer?
Was not Moses himself a killer?
Am i not myself a taker of life?

Who am i to take a life for a life?
Was it not GOD Himself who said "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay!"?
Am i not myself alive only under GOD's grace?

Who am i not to forgive everyone who has wronged me?
Was it not Stephen who forgave those as they stoned him to death?
Am i not myself undeserving of the forgiveness that CHRIST gave me?

Was it not Jesus who suffered the crown of thorns?
Was it not Jesus whose hands and feet were pierced?
Was it not Jesus whose body was scourged?
Was it not Jesus whose heart broke from the Ultimate Rejection?
Was it not Jesus who said "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do"?

Who am i? A hopeless nothing! -- were it not for the blood of CHRIST.
Who am i? But filthy rags -- were it not for His righteousness that is now mine.
Who am i? A walking dead -- were it not for His life now in me.
Who am i? Part of the condemned, bound for hell -- were it not for His saving grace.
Who am i? A loveless, barren mess of dry bones -- were it not for my Beloved LORD.
Who am i? A bondservant of CHRIST -- a washer of feet.
Who am i? A child of GOD -- infinitely loved by the Almighty Power who created the universe.
Who am i? A lover of CHRIST.

No comments:

Post a Comment